- Length: 134.5 ft / 41 meters
- Beam: 24.9 ft / 7,6 meters
- Draft: 16 ft / 4,98 meters
- Accommodation: 12-14 guests in 6 cabins (2 triple, 2 double and 2 twin cabins); all cabins with en suite facilities and air conditioning
Few words about her history:
The Sir Winston Churchill, a 3-masted schooner, Camper & Nicholsons design with truly gracious timeless lines, was built between 1964-66 by Richard Dunston (Hessle) Ltd. She was originally built to respond to the challenge of competing in a Tall Ships race, at a time where no other English vessel existed to enter the race. Under the patronage of the Duke of Edinburgh and with funds of public support, The Sir Winston Churchill was launched in 1966 and initially used for sail training. Under the management of the Sail Training Association, she participated and won many racing awards.
Now, entirely refitted in 2000, the Sir Winston Churchill makes her presence in the Greek Waters and ensures a genuine unforgettable sailing experience.
The huge deck space, composed of thick teak planks, includes a bimini-sheltered area on the foredeck for open-air cocktails and dining, while the entire deck forward of the bridge is available for sunbathing.
While the design, rigging and sails are those of an authentic traditional Tall Ship, the bridge is equipped with the most up-to-date satellite navigation and communication hardware.
The saloon comprises a formal dining roon, a comfortable lounge area and a separate coffee and games corner. All interior spaces, with beautifully inlaid teak and ash floor, are finished in mahogany and wild cherry, with watercolours and pastel furnishings that combine to evoke the elegant ambience of the 1930s. A traditional companionway leads up to the spacious staterooms.
Engine: 542 HP 2 x IVECO 360HP
Fuel Consumption: 100 l per hour
Fuel Tank: 10.000 lt Water Tank: 36.000 lt
Speed: 12 knots max
Crew: 8 members, in separate quarters
Construction: Steel and wood, teak decks on exterior, traditional woodwork in interior
- Full electronic instruments for navigation and communication.
- Generator: 2x60 kW
- Sail Area: 810 sq.m.
- Water capacity: 36.000 lt.
- Air conditioned throughout
- Ice maker
- Colour SAT TV/DVD/VCR in saloon. Audio through out
Amenities and Toys
- Orizon 5m RIB with 70 hp Tohatsu
- Water skiing
- SCUBA diving
- Windsurfing (upon request)
Charter pricing per week
Period A (16/7 - 19/8): € 7.000 / day
Period B (Orthodox Easter & 4/6 - 15/7 & 20/8 - 23/9): € 5.000 / day
Period C (before 4/6 - excluding Easter & after 23/9): € 3.500 / day
Charter price includes:
- Yacht charter
- Captain and 7 crew fee
- Yacht equipment under the inventory list and use of the Toys and Amenities
Charter price does not include
- Fuels: fuel consumption is 100 liters per hour
- Food and beverage; arrangements for full board preparation can be made with your cook
Please contact us an offer with the best prices!