1 week Sail and Hike at the Greek islands on a privately chartered sailing yacht!
Sail for 1 week on the Cyclades islands. Embark to your sailing yacht from Paros island and visit the Cyclades islands: Amorgos, Sifnos and the breath taking Small Cyclades, the secluded islets of Koufonissi, Schoinoussa and many more. Hike on these beautiful destinations, with our tour guide where required and explore the Greek islands on a sailing yacht! The hiking tours include visits on historic monuments since the pre-historic age, as well as the exotic coastline and the sandy beaches of the Cyclades.
The Hiking Experience:
Hiking tours in this cruise include both paths in open nature, where you can appreciate the exotic scenery of the Cyclades islands, surrounded by the endless blue of the Aegean Sea, as well as tours through historic monuments, from ancient to Byzantine age. The town of Paros includes monuments through out the Greek history while recent excavations on Despotikon island have revealed settlements from the pre-historic era. Small Cyclades, like Schoinoussa and Koufonissi are famous for their wild coastline with golden, sandy beaches and you can walk on the most fascinating parts.
Hiking tours are planned almost everyday, before or after the sailing trip. Hence, good physical condition is required to all crew members in order to enjoy the cruise. This is an unforgettable experience, tailored to those that appreciate active holidays, in a breath taking natural landscape.
The Sailing Experience
This sailing route includes destinations around Paros island. Considering the weather conditions in the area, especially the strong, northern winds of the summer months, it is a easy/moderate route, because distances are relatively small and many times protected from the open-sea waves. Routes to/from Amorgos and Sifnos are not protected, but their duration is not so long. Besides if weather conditions become hard at the period of the cruise there is always the possibility to modify the route, without reducing the hiking experience; we can recommend alternative paths for you to fully enjoy the beauty of the Cyclades islands.
The RouteDay 1: Paros island
- Arrive at the port of Paroikia, Paros island, at 4pm for an introduction of the skipper and the boat
- Settle in the yacht and purchase required provisions for the cruise (food, beverage, toiletries, etc)
- Guided tour through the monuments in the historic town Paroikia
Day 2: Sail to Schoinoussa island
- Distance: 27 nm (4 hours)
- Swim in secluded coves with crystal, transparent waters
- Hike on the wild coastline of Schoinoussa
- Easy night in the small village of the island or the yacht
Day 3: Sail to Amorgos island
- Distance: 18 nm (3 hours)
- Impressive routes at the town of Amorgos and the monastery of Panagia (Holly Mary) "Hozoviotissa", at the east coast. After the monastery, walk to the beach of Agia Anna (famous for shots in the movie: The Big Blue).
Day 4: Sail to Koufonissi island
- Distance: 15 nm (3 hours)
- Sail close to secluded islets - stop for a swim in a secret cove of your choice
- Hike on the coastline of Koufonissi, among the impressive caves
- Easy night in the small village of Koufonissi or the yacht
Day 5: Sail to Antiparos island
- Distance: 23 nm (4 hours)
- Hiking with tour guide on Antiparos and Despotikon (historic and geological interest, pre-historic settlements, the oldest stalagmite in Europe)
- Swim in the exotic landscape of Cyclades islands
- Night on anchor or berth in the port of Antiparos - vivid nightlife
Day 6: Sail to Sifnos island
- Distance: 24 nm (4 hours)
- Hiking with tour guide on Kastro, the ancient settlement of Sifnos, with rich historic interest and an incredible view to the Aegean Sea
- Walk in the picturesque alleys of the town of Sifnos, Apollonia and enjoy dinner
Day 7: Return to Paros island
- Distance: 22 nm (4 hours)
- Morning swim in the picturesque cove of Chrissopigi, Sifnos island
- After a light meal start your return trip to Paros island
- Spend the night in the town or the yacht
- Disembarkation takes place in the next morning, 9 am
- 4 persons: 5.531 EUR total or 1.383 EUR / person / week
- 6 persons: 6.600 EUR total or 1.100 EUR / person / week
- 8 persons: 7.760 EUR or 970 EUR / person / week
- 10 persons: 8.700 EUR or 870 EUR / person / week
Please contact us for your inquiry in order to plan the cruise according to your personal preferences.
A security deposit of 1.000 EUR total per yacht is withheld on credit card upon embarkation. The amount is to cover any damages caused to the yacht, with responsibility of the passengers. No charge would apply if any damage is responsibility of the skipper.
The price includes:
- Charter of the sailing yacht; Yacht size depends on the number of guests (we estimate yachts with a cabin per two guests, plus a cabin for the skipper)
- Skipper fee (payable in cash upon embarkation)
- Tour guide fees and transport (where applicable) on:
- Antiparos (+tickets for local bus)
- Sifnos (+transport)
- Fixed costs: cleaning pack for the yacht and port fees (including supply of electricity and water for the refilling of the yacht during the cruise)
- Fuels for the yacht
- Insurance for the yacht
- Transport from/to the airport
The price does not include:
- Insurance for activities on the island. Guests are advised to arrange personal travel insurance, if they wish.
- Food and beverage during your stay on the yacht, including meals for the skipper
- Personal expenses on the islands
Interested about the services of a hostess / cook? Forget all concerns about what to eat on the yacht! Our hostess prepares breakfast and a meal per day, so you can enjoy your day carefree; our cook prepares 3 meals a day; moreover the hostess keeps the yacht tidy.
Fee for hostess or cook: 1.000 EUR / week
Customize your cruise: Propose your own itinerary and we will be happy to match the best solution
Asking for more information? Give us a direct call or send your message and we will contact you as soon as possible